Monday, August 1, 2011

I'm a Boomtown Rat 8/1/11

The Boomtown Rats – I Don't Like Mondays

   The throat closures are getting more frequent, and the general pain level is on an uptick. I put on the topical cream to numb the injection port, and when I looked in the mirror, I saw an older version of me. I did not see the usual rakishly handsome gadfly, but a more somber version. I saw a determined, but injured participant. Injured, but not defeated. Let's do this thing again, let's go. Determined is the attitude, not complacent, not surrendered.

   I will show up today with a positive attitude. I will participate to the best of my ability. I will have the 4th of 7 injections, and my 15th radiation out of 35.

Jerry Jeff Walker – L.A. Freeway
Johnny Cash – Ring Of Fire
Dave Edmunds – Crawling From The Wreckage
Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band – No Surrender
The Waterboys – The Whole Of The Moon

I saw a valley, you saw Brigadoon. Show me.

Let's get this party started. Where's my floppy hat?
I'll report back after I meet my cure.
TJH

No comments:

Post a Comment