Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Say AHHHH...EEEEEHH 8/16/11

   Had camera/scope inserted up my nostril, and down into my throat. I've lost so much weight that I had to have a new mask made today. The view down my throat is obstructed by my damaged, and swollen esophagus. No problem, we'll just snake this scope up your nostril, and get a great view. In spite of the awkward scope being inserted, I was still able to keep decent pitch when asked to AHHH & EEEH. It was kind of a nasally duet with my Doctor. He didn't seem overly impressed.Christy Moore – Lisdoonvarna

   The mask fitting was necessitated by my weight loss. I am currently down about 25 pounds and flirting with 175. We did a new CT scan, and fitted for a new mask. It is amazing how the weight loss changed the fit on the mask. The Doctor superimposed the original Radiation treatments over todays treatment, and you can see a noticeable difference in the size of my face, and neck.Steve Earle – The Galway Girl

   I had my 6th of 7 Erbitux treatments today, and I'm not going to miss that procedure one bit. It wiped me out for the rest of the day. Since I have a new mask, the Doctor is reformulating the rest of my radiation treatments. He is going to add some duration, and ferocity to the treatments so that I can be finished on the 26th of this month. The throat is pretty raggedy, and is deteriorating. I am forcing myself to continue to swallow for as long as possible. The narcotic allows me to swallow in spite of the deterioration. I'm glad I followed directions on that aspect of my therapy.RUNRIG LIVE AUDIO - EMPTY GLENS (Proterra Christmas Tour 2003)

   The treatments yesterday took quite a bit out of me. I hardly had the energy to collapse. I finished some writing and slept.

   As a "blogger" I've been wondering. Why would someone be reading this blog in Malaysia, or Colombia? I'm huge in Mexico, which I can understand, but Malaysia? The vast majority of our readers are from the US. I have readers in Canada, and the UK. We are now followed actively by 32 people, some of whom I don't know. I am also a factor to be reckoned with in the German blogosphere. TJ is stationed in Stuttgart, but assures me he has not been reading. He is going to do a little intel work, and find out who is checking me out. There are between 75-100 readers each day. I have received some wonderful feedback from some of my friends. It makes me feel good to know that you are following, and that you are able to participate with me in this process. I encourage your comments, and just knowing that you are right here with me. Peter Gabriel – Solsbury Hill

My life continues to unfold into Goodness!
10 days to go, we can do this!
"Inconceivable"
Steve Winwood – Higher Love - Full Album Version
Steve Winwood – The Finer Things

2 comments:

  1. I'm still with ya Tim, just a day or so late. Praying for you and Beth. Hang in there pal. This time next year, it'll just be a bad memory! By the way, CANCER SUCKS!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im sure everybody is reading, just afraid to stick their foot in their mouth, thats never stopped me before. But you really do need to get better soon, because saying nice things to you just aint as much fun. Ha!

    ReplyDelete