Sunday, August 14, 2011

8/14/11

   What a difference a week makes- Last week at this time I was completely paralyzed with pain. I was unrecognizable. I had a pathetic attitude, and was just trying to get through each day. The Medical oncologist mandated pain treatment, and I coincidentally have been on an improved trajectory. My prayers have improved, my human interactions have been much better, and my spring has returned to my step. Katrina and the Waves – Walking On Sunshine

   Ok let's not get crazy, but the trajectory has improved. I am no longer circling the drain hoping for a quick exit. I think I'm trending positive in a negative environment. Why not? I have been given clear indication that in spite of feeling shitty, the net result of this endeavor will be the elimination of cancer from my system. There has been very little pessimism during my treatment. The professionals have been very optimistic. The technicians have been very confident, and upbeat. They have Pandora Radio - Listen to Free Internet Radio, Find New Music at the Radiation office, and they hit me up for musical direction as soon as they call me back. They have to remind me not to table dance while bolted to the table.The Real Ritchie Valens - La Bamba

   The medication allows me to rest when I'm tired, but has yet to make me drool like an idiot. The protocol calls for 2 t-spoons every 4-6 hours. I take the medicine every 5 and a half hours, unless I sleep through the interval. Then I just take it when I wake up. It has allowed me to continue to swallow, and take food orally. I am expected to take in no less than 2000 calories per day. That doesn't sound too hard, but it gets tricky when everything's going through the tube. Barenaked Ladies – Brian Wilson

   Friday I was able to suck down a medium vanilla shake from DQ. Saturday I had some quality chicken noodle soup from Mom, blasted through 2 Del Taco Bean Burritos(the 49 centers'). Topped them off with a couple of french fries, and a couple gulps off the vanilla shake.Fats Domino – Blueberry Hill

  I was able to speak with quite a few people this week. My voice, while not good, is much stronger this week than it was last week. I was able to speak with TJ, and Kevin today. I felt terrible last week when I spoke to TJ. I felt much better today. Kevin is down at Exit 63 enjoying his 27th birthday w/ 50 friends. One of these years I'm going to make an appearance at Bar-Hop. There is a good chance I was at this show at the Agora Ballroom. Lord knows I did a bunch of double headers with Bruce, and Southside at that time in my life. Don't regret any of those performances, but I wished I had the capacity to retain them better. Very Blurry! 

2 comments:

  1. Tim , what a difference it makes to see your progress, or for now read it , from you.
    so happy for you and Beth , i hope to hear more good things from now on.
    God is really good!!! dont you think ??

    ReplyDelete
  2. This New Hopkins Diet Plan is going to be a really tough sale.

    ReplyDelete