Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Long Island Lockjaw 8/9/11

   I speak like a cross between Thurston Howell III, and Don Vito Corleone.
Ringtone Masters – Gilligans Island, The Long Island Lockjaw has always been one of my favorite dialects. All you have to do is speak without moving your mandible. It is a fabulous way to richen any conversation, try it at your next backyard bar-b-que, or Bar-Hop.

   Now the Corleone dialect is much more difficult to master. André Rieu – The Godfather - Main Title Theme. You have to severely diminish the timber in your voice, which forces people to pay attention. The whisper is not a normal whisper. It is an unholy vapid intonation that demands serious attention. It is accompanied by a face that decries pain. It is also accompanied by some significant non-verbal signs. It helps to be surrounded by people who want to pay attention. The broken Italian is completely optional.

   We saw both of our Oncologists this morning. I say we because Beth is like a chaperone at these things. I really don't have anything important to ask the doctors, I have no concerns or complaints.  Go ahead and keep messing me up until the cancer is gone. I don't really care if my throat is folding in on itself. I am not going to complain too loudly about the pain, cause I got no voice. I have 17 days to survive. Let's go!

   I'm down 24 pounds in a fairly short period of time. I lost 5 pounds last week. At this rate I am likely to end up hospitalized prior to completing treatment. Not a good plan. The revised plan has me ingesting a minimum of 5 cans of supplement per day, starting immediately. I may be drooling on the keyboards in the very near future, because he insisted I start on the pain medicine. He suggested liquid Methadone, and I declined. Liquid Methadone, really?Patti Smith Group – Dancing Barefoot - Digitally Remastered 1996 Doesn't he know who I am?
Someone should tell him I'm somewhat important. Neil Young-Needle and the Damage Done

   I want to thank Kevin for bringing a musical concern to my attention. Not all of you young kids out there are familiar with spotify. Spotify has landed in the U.S. Sign up to get your invite now ....It's like Napster except it's legal, and there are 15 million titles at my fingertips. I will continue to interject a dose of youtube into the mix. I did not like the fact that they pulled access to some of my musical selections without my approval. Don't they know who I am?...I'm somewhat important. Mr Big Stuff Jean Knight - Mr. Big Stuff

Prepare to be drooled upon!
TJH







No comments:

Post a Comment