Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Sing out Loud! 8/3/11

   About 10 years ago Howard had a friend in from Portland, and invited me to go visit some friends. Sure no problem, I'll be right over(Howard lives across the street, and is 25 years my senior). Mike and Howard are in the car ready to go, I jumped in the back seat. As we are backing out of the driveway Howard asks Mike if he wants to sing? Mike says sure, and before we are off my street these guys are tearing up a Roger Williams classic.Roger Miller – King Of The Road I'm in the backseat hoping not to be recognized, are you kidding me? I regain some testosterone, recognizing they need some musical help. We jumped all over that song, a couple of times, and it felt great.

   My Dad had a great voice,Al Jolson – When The Red Red Robin Comes Bob Bob Bobin' Alongand was not afraid to share.The Dubliners – Whiskey In The Jar Lot's of my relatives are willing to sing their lungs out. I've been right there with them. I've been blessed with exposure to musical variety, and my pallet is very broad. My pitch is decent, and my delivery is expressive. There are not many things that feel as good as a good sing. Hell with feeling self conscious, just let it rip!Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band – Born To Run. Beth & I do a rendition of Happy Birthday that is unparalleled.

   TJ & Kev can definitely hold a tune. I can hear Kevin singing The Drifters – Up On The Roof, or TJ belting out Nirvana – Come As You Are. We could all sing Barenaked Ladies Gordon album cover to cover.

   While I am having a good amount of discomfort in my throat(I had my first can of feeding tube nutrition tonight), my vocal cords currently remain operational. The feeding tube supplement is going to take some trial and error. We squirted a good portion of the first can down the drain. Procedurally I'm going to need to find a way to administer without making a huge mess. This is going to be my breakfast, lunch, and dinner for the next month.
Gloria Gaynor – I Will Survive   I can do this.
Thanks for watching.
   TJH

 

No comments:

Post a Comment