Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Mayor of Simpleton8/17/11

XTC – Mayor Of Simpleton
   I am the master of my domain. I have the ability to follow the rules, and regulations established, and enforced by me. I also can let my own lack of discipline prevent me from doing what should be done. I am a shut in. I am one of those people who I used to pray for at Mass. We had people from the parrish who would go out to visit the "shut-ins". I would have prayed harder for "them" if I would have known I was going to be one of "them".

   I am a person who lives outreach. This illness has limited the amount of outreach that I am physically able to perform. No jail visits, no inpatient or outpatient centers, no large gatherings, or hospital sessions. I have to maintain a healthy respect for my immune system. If I take it for granted the consequences may be deadly. I'll continue to do what I can, within reason.

   That continues to leave me with me. It is becoming very apparent that of myself I am nothing. Left to my own devices... When my spiritual experience is adjusted without my prior written consent, I tend to react poorly. XTC – Dear God I place limitations on the Power. Stealers Wheel – Stuck In The Middle With You I put handcuffs on the Power, then I wonder why I feel ready for an "I love me sweater"(straight jacket). INXS – Devil Inside

   As a practicing shut in I have found that my mind tends to wander. Booker T. & The MG's – Green Onions I meditate each day, and find some time to occupy the present. During the course of each day I spend a great deal of time hoping the treatments would be finished. Hoping that I survive tomorrows strategic bombing. We have completed the carpet bombing phase of our attack strategy. We've degraded the throat adequately, and are now doing surgical strikes to the last known locations of the cancer. They changed the protocol to focus on specific locations. They've also upgraded the velocity, duration, and ferocity of the radiation. I felt the change in my teeth(left incisor). The new attack will require me to stay as healthy as possible, and to lie as quietly as possible. The new mask is ready for a test drive, the old mask is to be retired. I now will have 2 masks available to auction. I fully expect to receive some serious bids from Malaysia(I'm huge in Malysia). The Academy Allstars – Misirlou

   I know that I just need to get through this day, and that tomorrow will take care of itself. Let me be patient prior to its arrival. Screw that, lets dance!
David Bowie – Let's Dance
Let's Dance!
TJH

No comments:

Post a Comment