Monday, August 8, 2011

Dry Pipes 8/6/11

The Black Keys – Howlin' For You

   First let me explain that we had a cranky celebrity writer the other day. He didn't have enough sleep and he had a little sore throat. His food did not stay down, and he was feeling sorry for himself. He was just trying to get some sympathy. I should not give that guy access to my MacBook Pro. I will try and keep him away from the keyboard.

   Now let me give a brief status update. I am in the process of receiving 7 Erbitux infusions, and 35 radiation treatments. I have received 4 Erbitux infusions, and 19 Radiation tretments. I have lost my salivary abilities(see spittin spackle). I have lost my tastebuds, and I am unable to swallow without severe pain. The process is destroying my throat from the inside, and taking the cancer as they go. My voice is on the ropes, but I still have my sense of humor(most of the time). I also have a decent spiritual foothold. I have the love, and support of family and friends.

   I put a call out for some help yesterday, and was blessed to get more than I expected. God continues to do for me what I cannot do for myself. Mumford & Sons – The Cave
   I was notified weeks ago that my throat is in the process of shutting down. They disclosed to me that this would be uncomfortable, and that I would be in a fair amount of pain. When I was little my Mom always suggested that I "offer it up to the starving kids in Africa," or some other mythical special intention. I am trying to offer my pain up to a number of anonymous intentions.

   So far my throat has undergone some significant and painful changes. David Bowie – Changes I am acutely aware that more changes are in my near future. I'm glad that my Doctors did not sugarcoat the symptoms to be expected. It feels like the flesh in my throat is collapsing into itself. The truth remains that I am uniquely qualified to be going through this process right now. How did I get so lucky. The technology is the best it has ever been, the medical professionals are the best, and all I need to do is show up, and get treated.

   I am not afraid to admit that I am afraid. Instrumental Music Songs – I Am The Bread Of Life

   I'm heading into the home stretch, cover me. Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band – Cover Me
TJH

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tim - I read this and thought of you "When I called on God, He answered me; He made me bold and stouthearted - courageous. (paraphrased Psalm 138:3)

    ReplyDelete