Thursday, August 11, 2011

Liquid Lunch a Gentleman's Lunch 8/10/11

   I have enjoyed many liquid lunches in my day. The Harbor Inn, John Q's, The Dublin Pub, Freddy's, The Bucket of Blood, The Public House, The Office, and the list can be increased ad infinitum. My perspective has changed. Perspectives can change in many ways. Mary Chapin Carpenter – The Hard Way Recently I have been struggling, in a considerable amount physical pain. I have adopted a policy to forego the narcotics for as long as possible. The Doctor ordered me to start the pain management Tuesday, with his prescription. Doctors orders are, Doctors orders. I hit the mark. I surrender. Give me the dope. Where's my t-spoon measurer? My perspective is ready for a change.
 Paolo Nutini – New Shoes
   In spite of the fact that I have never been through a fight with cancer, I have a somewhat narrow view of what is appropriate for me. How do I come up with a set of rules to adhere to, without any prior experience? Seems like a limiting attitude.  Why would I want to start out narrow minded?

   With the help of the pain medication, I was able to eat a large bowl of soup last night  without crying. I slept comfortably, and woke up with renewed energy. I enjoyed a 350 calorie(now I'm counting calories) Ensure Plus for breakfast, made my bed, said my prayers, fluoridified my teeth, showered, and am ready to go get Radiated for the 23rd time.Grateful Dead – Ripple

   I had a couple of visitors yesterday, who reminded me that it was ok to follow directions. The medication did not send me into some unnatural state of euphoria. It allowed me to swallow, and rest. Lester Flatt & Earl Scruggs And The Stanley Brothers – Foggy Mountain Breakdown

   I got stuck in Spotify with arguably one of the best recordings of all time. Van Morrison – Astral Weeks Take a few minutes and visit, or revisit this classic.
Thank you all for tuning in, I'm feeling much better today, and I'm grateful for the improved perspective. Who the hell is reading this in Malaysia, and Columbia?
Keep those cards, and comments coming,
TJH


 

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Tim i wish that i could go and visit you but without a visa is kind of hard. so i will be waiting for your visit . here at Rosarito Beach .
    God keep you bless !!!

    ReplyDelete