Friday, August 19, 2011

Social Distortion 8/19/11

   I've had a pretty good run. One week to go with my treatments. The nutritional hurdles are becoming more severe. The food that I ingest is not staying settled. The nutrition taken via my tube is also having a hard time finding comfort.  I can't complain about my current set of circumstances, I(my God & I) have the resources to deal with all of the problems that are in my life. I have the anti-nausea medicine that refuses to dissolve under my tongue. I have been breaking the pill in half, and disolving it in my mouth with water, and then swallowing. Genious, I know, but now the swallowing is just about off the table. No problem I will just use this fabulous anti-nausea gel, that doesn't require dissolving, HaHa! Wait how am I supposed to ingest a gel? It'll clog up my feeding tube! I can't afford to clog my tube at this point. Drat! Not to worry my friends, I'll just get some www.zuplenz.com.   Social Distortion – It Coulda Been Me It just dissolved right on my tongue,  and left a refreshing taste in my mouth.

   I have wonderful friends who can't wait to take me to Home-The Salt Cellar Restaurant-Seafood Restaurant-Scottsdale, AZ when my taste buds resurface. But in the mean time I am strictly a casual diner. My table manners leave a lot to be desired. We do need to have access to a sink and a flat surface with some paper towels. The 60cc syringe is the largest they carry locally. Some of the noises are not conducive to polite dinner conversation. I'ts like eating with Ruprect - YouTube the monkey boy. Omar and The Howlers – Black Bottom

   I'm going down, and it's alright, let's go. Freddie King – Going Down Freddie King will bring me all the way down, and back again. I love the way he does his thing.

   Beth is completely powerless over my disease. She wants to make it better, easier, less painful, gone. Boy I wish she could. It makes me sad to see her struggle through this. She holds it(us) together like a trooper. She tries to anticipate my needs, and is willing to put my situation ahead of everything. She wakes early to go to work 3:30am today. I got up, and said my prayers, and drank a nutritious 375 calorie Ensure Plus, had some medicine, and landed right back in bed, just as she headed out the door. I woke up again at 6:30am, and rushed to the commode. One of the unfortunate side effects of the nausea, is that it comes on without any reasonable lead time. Sprint! There have been some great advances in the field of vomit. There are new blue receptacles that have replaced the old bags.Cardinal Health:Centurion® Brand EME-BAG® Emesis Bag. I highly recommend these, don't settle for imitations.Social Distortion – Ring Of FireSocial Distortion – Sick Boys
   I have promised to report any of my medical difficulties to Beth as soon as possible. We are in this together, and I have to let her in on my condition, even if I know it will disturb her. I mean full disclosure, nosebleeds, blisters, constipation, vertigo, or insomnia. She is all in, and I have a great partner. She is concerned about my recent inability to swallow, and hold down food. Caren brought me a vanilla shake this morning, which I was able to hold down. I hit 173 today which is a number not seen on my scale since 1976. I have never even set a goal of 173. Why do I still have a gut? Social Distortion – Story Of My Life

   Thank you for all of the positive feedback. People have been stopping by to wish me well, and it humbles me that you are willing to take time out of your day to think of me. Thank you! I'm looking forward to all of the book, TV, and movie deals that are anticipated by many of you. Let me know if you have any contacts, or publishing opportunities. I really do enjoy writing, and getting your input is very encouraging. You may be creating a monster, watch out! A Flock Of Seagulls – Space Age Love SongTom WaitsThin Lizzy – Whisky In The Jar

   As I enter the final week of my Radiation, and Erbitux treatment regimen, I am acutely aware that this is just the end of a treatment protocol. It is the beginning of a time for my body to continue to be destroyed, fight, and begin to recover. To this point I am aware that I have been blessed to be able to withstand the treatment regimen. I have seen people at the oncology center who have not been as fortunate. The truth is that I have been blessed with all of the faith love, support, and optimism required to endure this trauma. Much of what I need is intangible.  I have been willing to walk the path. I've been willing to ask for, and accept help.Thin Lizzy – Cowboy Song - BBC Session 12/02/76

   I have some friends coming over tomorrow morning to help around the house. They have offered to clean my garage, they want to help. They want to participate, they want to contribute. They are a part of my life, and they want to let me know that I am a part of theirs. I am looking forward to seeing them. Thin Lizzy – The Boys Are Back In Town - Alt Vocal Re-mix Version

   Beth and I are meeting with Mom on Sunday morning in Sun Lakes. We usually have breakfast, but Ruprect doesn't have much of an appetite these days. It just feels good to get out of the house. I hope I can make the trip.

Good morning Malaysia
Much Love!
TJH
 

5 comments:

  1. Thinking of you guys! The Salt Cellar is a great motivator!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have not been to the Salt Cellar in 37 years. I would be honored if you and Beth would join me for a Salt Cellar feeding when you are ready. I have attached a portion of the menu for your reading pleasure.

    See you soon my friend.

    Salt Cellar Specialties

    Mahi-Mahi - Sauteed with macadamia nuts.(Hawaii)
    Maryland Crab Cakes (Chesapeake Bay)
    Cajun Style Blackened Seabass (New Zealand)
    King Salmon with Cucumber Dill Sauce (British Columbia)
    Cajun Style Blackened Alaskan Halibut(Homer)
    Sauteed Sea Scallops (Georges Bank)
    Live Maine 3 lb Jumbo Lobster (Boston)
    Texas Broiled Shrimp (Gulf of California)
    Stuffed Mountain Trout (Idaho)
    Baked Stuffed Shrimp Jumbo Shrimp with a delicate crabmeat stuffing.
    Fried Shrimp Lightly seasoned fried shrimp.
    Shrimp and Filet Lightly seasoned fried shrimp with a 7oz. U.S.D.A. choice filet mignon.

    Sauteed Scallops 32
    The finest fresh scallops available, sauteed
    in butter, sherry and fresh mushrooms.
    Pan Fried Oysters Blue Point Oysters prepared in our own kitchen in a very special way.
    Salt Cellar Combination A delightful combination of deep fried Shrimp, Fish fillet, and Blue Point Oysters.

    Shrimp Scampi Another old Salt Cellar Favorite:
    large Gulf shrimp served in garlic butter sauce with onion and roasted bell peppers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How many artists from the surrealist movement does it take to change a light bulb?

    Two: one to hold the yak, and the other to fill the bathtub with brightly colored bicycles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tim, greetings from all of us in Rosarito
    Jolla del mar is waiting for you!!!
    god Bless you !!! always

    ReplyDelete