Thursday, August 25, 2011

Time slips away 8/25/11

Willie Nelson – Medley-Funny,Crazy,Night
   The treatment ends tomorrow. What just happened to me? Where did that 12 week block go? I don't want it back, I am just curious as to where it went. Seems almost dreamlike. How can I reconcile reality from fiction? I know that I am changed, my perspective has been altered. I am determined to make the best of this situation, but I'm not sure what that is going to look like. How do I proceed? The White Stripes – Seven Nation Army

   They got the full value of my treatment time this morning. They gave me some extra special directional therapy. I felt it in my teeth & jaw. Go ahead hit me with whatever you got, I only have one more day to endure this destruction. My metabolism has adjusted, my mindset regarding this process has hardened to allow me to withstand the ass kicking. I had a layer of my throat(just some surface flesh) slide down the drain this morning in the shower. I just calmly removed the drain strainer and let it hit the pipes. The blood stopped relatively quickly, and I didn't even get light headed. I am going to withstand this process. No drama, no freakout, no problem, let's go!  Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band – Lost In The Flood

    I find it difficult to adequately express my will to live. I do not want to be snuffed out by some shitty little micro-organism. Sure cancer is a bad assed killer, but I am not willing to concede my position until all the cards are played. I have plenty of hopes, and dreams that I fully expect to experience. I am going to live my life as if I am cancer free. I am not going to pretend that the cancer is just hiding out, and will return at the worst possible time. I am cancer free until they tell me otherwise. The PET scan will not occur until November, so my job between now and then is to begin healing. Let the healing begin.
What a nice day!
Today's Playlist
Zevon, Warren – Roland the Headless Thompson G
Gin Blossoms – Follow You Down
Outkast – Hey Ya
Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band – Cover Me - Live
Creedence Clearwater Revival – I Heard It Through The Grapevine - Single Version
TJH  
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment