Wednesday, August 17, 2011

They are getting very serious about this radiation thing 8/17/11

   Seems like the protocol just shifted into some super high gear. The radiation process required me being fitted for a new slim fitting mask(I usually wear a Husky). I lost several ounces of facial weight. I thought that we were proceeding very rapidly, until this morning's session. The pace seemed aggressive, I guess I was wrong again. So much for getting into a comfortable groove. I was ready to just maintain my current pace, and hit the finish line at a steady pace.The Moody Blues – Nights In White Satin - Single Edit

   There was a lovely older woman who was shoehorned ahead of me this past week. She was basically shoved ahead of me into "my" spot. I'm not saying that this didn't bother me, because it did. I was pissed. Sorry I didn't mention it earlier. I'm glad I didn't say something offensive. I was thinking offensive things. I was here first, she should get her ass into line behind me. Today I found out that she got bumped to the afternoon slot, because they needed more time with me. Well that's good news I guess. They are finally figuring out that I am kind of a big deal.

   I felt the radiation in my teeth. I'm sure that's good luck in radiation circles. The aim pattern changed. It normally goes 3 steady passes from one side of my throat to the other. The time is less than 15 minutes. Today we did one full pass, and then a stationary bombardment directed at the left side of my throat which lasted just short of forever. Today there was new irritation, and a noticeable uptick in pain and swelling. I feel the burn. Cream – I Feel Free

   I am looking forward to tomorrows treatment.Procol Harum – A Whiter Shade Of Pale I will show up and take my beating. I only have 7 more of these to enjoy. I just get to offer these babies up to my "special intention". I feel that my cancer has really exposed some of my retrogressive tendencies. Some of my "old ideas" have been exposed in a fairly public forum. I have taken comfort in many of my old beliefs. They have provided me an opportunity to reconcile the man I was, with the man I am today, and the man I am becoming. The Supremes – The Happening - Album Version (Stereo)

   Take your pick, I prefer the original by the composer, seems like he had a sense of humor.
John Stewart – Daydream Believer
Anne Murray – Daydream Believer (Feat. Nelly Furtado)
The Monkees – Daydream Believer
Susan Boyle – Daydream Believer


No comments:

Post a Comment