Saturday, August 27, 2011

Pooh Corner: I'm somewhat incontinent 8/27/11

Kenny Loggins – Return To Pooh Corner
   Some of the less comfortable side effects seem to be attacking me in my sleep. My best guess is that my aggressive attempt to maintain my nutrition levels with a steady intake of liquids is having some unforeseen ramifications. I will try to get some complex carbohydrates in my system today, and combine it with some imodium. Warren Zevon - My Shit's Fucked Up

   In the grand scheme of things, my current obstacle is better than some of the other side effects I've encountered. Lack of power is clearly my dilemma. I want to control everything, and that just is not possible. My Radiation oncologist reminded me that the special treatments that I bravely endured this week would not be felt until Thursday, or Friday of next week. Great News! I can hardly wait. Sarah McLachlan – The Rainbow Connection

   I had a tenant call last night to inform me that her A/C went out. Not a good problem when it is 115 degrees outside. It gave me a chance to think about others. I had an A/C guy at her place within an hour, and a new unit will be installed today. Life goes on. Thank goodness.

   I hope that my people on the East Coast stay on the safe-side of Irene. She looks like a real bad woman. – Goo Goo Dolls - American Girl I was at a beach-house in Stone Harbor on August 9, 1976. State Troopers encouraged us to evacuate to avoid Hurricane Belle. Bobby G. tied his VW to a telephone pole. We declined their suggestion, and promised to stay safe. I remember sitting on a big screened-in porch with about 8 friends, just watching the hurricane. We were mesmerized(stoned) with a stack of plywood that started to dance. As the top piece of plywood was lifted about 15 feet in the air, and suddenly impaled itself into the side of the neighbors home(about neck high), we grabbed the keg, and moved to an interior location.

   I love my life!
   My skinny clothes are loose on me? WTF? You can't make this stuff up!
   Play!Grateful Dead – Ripple
         Don Henley – The Heart Of The Matter

TJH


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting this! I'm trying to find information on Incontinent and this has definitely helped me in this process.

    ReplyDelete