Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Voices 8/8/11

'Til Tuesday – Voices Carry
Simon & Garfunkel – The Sound Of Silence
Gothenburg Symphony Brass Band, Gothenburg Artillery Division, Churchbells of Gothenburg, Gothenburg Symphony Orchestra, Neeme Järvi, Gothenburg Symphony Chorus & Ove Gotting – Ouverture Solennelle "1812," Op.49: Largo - Allegro Giusto

   My voice is now nearly gone. I have a whisper that is painful to deliver. I'm pretty sure the hotshot professionals failed to disclose this side effect. Considering how much time I spend speaking, they must have known better than to throw this into the mix. "Oh no, your voice will be fine". "We radiate well above your voice box," so much for full and fair disclosure.

   I spent some time with friends yesterday. They came over to support me, and I was almost unable to join them. They would have continued without me, which would have been fine. I did finally make an appearance, and my cup was filled. I am aware that my physical malady is difficult, but the mental malady is making my recovery more difficult. The spiritual solution seems to be eluding me at this time. I have not lost hope, or faith, but I am having a more difficult time tapping into the Power.
 
   Since my vocal skills are limited, I have found that my non-verbal skills have been exposed. I can scoff, wave off, frown, furrow, and grunt. None of these non-verbal forms of communication express love. My primitive communication skills need some improvement, some maturity. My face seems to be stuck in a permanent frown. I am in pain. I am injured, I am wounded. I am hurt.

   My heart goes out to the Special Forces Operators who lost their lives this week in Afghanistan. These men go out each day in spite of danger. I would like to obliterate, annihilate, decimate, eradicate, and exterminate that whole region. Daisy Cutters, to start, and if that doesn't do the trick...Radiate those savages like a cancer.The Rolling Stones – Gimme Shelter

   I went in for treatment today. I will go in for treatment tomorrow. I can do anything for a day. David Bowie – Heroes

   What's so funny about Peace, Love, and Understanding...
TJH


1 comment:

  1. Hi Tim , i will keep you every day in my prayers , in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete