Friday, August 26, 2011

Last Shot: Make it a good one! 8/26/11

   I didn't sleep much last night, probably too much radiation. Looking forward to today's treatment, and suffering the cumulative effects of my last treatment. Getting picked up by Shannon this morning for an early 8am treatment. I'm glad Shannon finally gets a chance to bring me to treatment. They wanted some extra time, they got it. My bed is made, my prayers are said, I'm ready to go. REO Speedwagon – Riding The Storm Out I have been preparing for this moment my entire life. I am here to experience this aspect of life. My preconceived notions have been replaced by real life experience, or wisdom.
 
   My opportunity today is to find ways to transition this seemingly bad situation, without too much scarring. I get to look for the manifestation of God in my life. The hurricane is here, am I adequately prepared?

   They had me for a solid 25 minutes. There was a congratulatory message on the overhead monitor. They held off on the confetti and parade, but they did send me off with some lovely parting gifts(a keychain & a piece of candy), and my mask. Bidding starts at $30/ mask. The Doctor gave me a very optimistic prognosis. He said that I withstood the treatment better than 90% of his patients. I retained my voice, and nutrition levels better than most patients. He said that he believes that the likelihood of a recurrence of head or neck cancer to be between 15-30%.

Van Morrison – Days Like This
 – Men Without Hats - Safety Dance
The Doors – Riders On The Storm - New Stereo Mix Advanced Resolution
Neil Young – Like A Hurricane

   I want to thank you all for being a part of this process, I'm a better human for having you in my life. There was a woman in the waiting room this morning who was going in for her first treatment. I hope that she was encouraged by my healthy, happy departure. I hope that she was less frightened, and more determined; less despondent, and more hopeful. I am blessed.
Thanks Again!
TJH

3 comments:

  1. tim , we be here untill you want us to be. keep the faith keep strong , for sure God is next to you.

    God Bless you always !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. proud of you for holding up so well, you're amazing and we love you!! Caren, Steven,Shelly and David

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice picture of you breaching the finish-line Tim!
    Love you my friend....you are a huge inspiration to me. Thanks...Doug

    ReplyDelete