Sunday, July 24, 2011

Shocking News!! 7/23/11

   I love my life. I have had some seemingly difficult challenges present themselves, but I really love my life. I had a solid week of treatment. They got their money's worth out of me this week. Face peels are over rated. Nausea is a side effect that that will not be overlooked. Fine dining is off the menu(everything tastes like rebar).

   The canned food drive at the oncologist office gets a huge bump when clients use multiple drivers. Rodney started the ball rolling by dropping off a couple of boxes from Sam's Club. They also are making a better effort at the front desk to inform the  clients in the waiting room. Most people want to be helpful. Most people are very charitable. People who are sick, and undergoing treatment have a clear choice to be selfish, or selfless. It's black, and white in your face all the time. Am I going to give, or take? The truth is not always easy to examine. I happened to be shopping subsequent to my treatment, and had to ask myself, "Do I really want to carry an extra box of canned goods out of here?" I carried the extra box, but I can't say that didn't think about being selfish. I've got an excuse...I'm sick...Waaa! F that where's my cart?

   Amy Winehouse is dead. Can't say we didn't see that one coming. A first round pick in any death pool. It's sad to see any life cut short. Clearly talented, and tortured. She got down like a narcotic. It's not as sad when the decedent is fully aware that the outcome, while unfortunate, is predictable, and voluntary. She was not a victim, she was a volunteer. "Help the willing; Let go of the unwilling; and Bury the dead." She was clearly powerless, but refused or was unable to surrender. Not bad luck, not circumstances. "She cheated herself, like she knew she would."
I really enjoyed her art.
Sing Along! Tried to make me go to rehab, I said No!No!No!
TJH

Mark Ronson featuring Amy Winehouse – Valerie - Version Revisited
Amy Winehouse – You Know I'm No Good
Amy Winehouse – Tears Dry On Their Own
Amy Winehouse – Rehab

1 comment:

  1. Good to see you were feeling better this weekend Tim. Glad to know you got past the nausea...(Did I mention I hate nausea!!).
    (Too bad about Amy)
    Have a good week and see you Thu if not before then...I put reminders in my calendar to bring food for the drive.

    Doug

    ReplyDelete