Wednesday, July 13, 2011

I have Drivers...7/13/11

The fact that I can rely on a number of good friends to get me to and from treatment is miraculous. Finished putting on my SPF 55 sun screen, put my mouthpiece in my pocket, opened the garage door, and my ride showed...right on time. Never a doubt, not hint of doubt. People have become more reliable over time. There is a consistency today that I was unable to provide as a young man. A better offer would present itself, and I would start the process of finding an excuse, or an alibi.

The door swings both ways today and I know that given the opportunity, I would be delighted to inconvenience myself for my friends. It is a privilege to serve our fellows. Outreach keeps us connected, and human.

The Doctor wants me to wear a hat to help mitigate the affect of the sun on my face, and neck, and upper body. So I wear a very stylish baseball hat which apparently does not fit the Doctors criteria. He said he wants something bigger. I ask if he's talking about sombrero big, or 10 gallon big, fedora big, pork pie big....What are we talking about here Doc? We settled on a tasteful straw hat to start, if that doesn't work then we go to rice patty ridiculous. God help me. I've got hat problems, go figure.

See you next time,
TJH

Today's Playlist:







No comments:

Post a Comment