Saturday, July 16, 2011

I can't find my way home 7/16/11

   Working backwards from playlist to blog may seem a simple change, but let's not forget who's writing this thing. Backwards is a matter of perspective. The transition to reverse was a reaction to my ongoing effort to embed. I'm sure that Skyping,(please send along your Skype info) and Tweeting are just around the corner. I have had an anonymous hacker breaking into my  heavily encrypted, fire wall protected, worm proof blog. He has taken the time to look at my playlists, and embed them. He has for the most part resisted the temptation to take editorial control.(Thanks Kev)
   Taking direction has not always been my strong suit. I have refused solid direction at numerous points in my life. I once, at my Dad's insistence, did a brake job on an aubergine Austin Marina.(yes it had an 8 track player) I had a repair manual, and all the parts, and tools. The brakes worked fine when I finished, but I could never really explain the extra pieces. Directions from friends, family, strangers, and employers, were ignored, or modified. Modification of directions will eventually get you lost. I had an uncanny ability to stay lost without looking lost. That may sound like a talent, but it is really a liability.
   One of the best things that has happened over the course of my life, has been a willingness to take direction, read directions, follow direction.  I try to the best of my ability to do what Family, Friends, Doctors, Lawyers, Strangers, and Professionals suggest. My best thinking got me lost.


Todays playlist:
Looking for directions from Knofler, Winwood, Clapton, Auger, and Williams


          

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Tim.
    Nice playlist...had not heard of Auger at all nor that Dire Staits song. Winwood and clapton brought back memories.

    Heh...the only "direction" i have is EXERCISE. Rigorous and consistent!! See ya at the gym my friend.

    Doug

    ReplyDelete
  2. btw,,,Nice layout with the embedded video controls, and I'm glad to have you as a fellow-skyper!

    Good to see you and the Mrs today...thanks for great meeting.

    Doug

    ReplyDelete