Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Floppy Hats and Sunscreen 7/17/11

   There is a time and place for everything I guess. I can get with purel, coughing/sneezing in my elbow makes sense, it's important to hydrate, lets not forget to floss(waxed and coated only please). A lot of attention is placed on oral hygiene during this process. They are baking the inside of my throat, but don't forget to floss?

   There is so much new stuff to apply in my current station. An extra set of dental plates, blanket for injection chair, ipod w/ downloads from spotify(more on that later). Nutritional supplements, anti-nausea medication(just in case), numbing cream applied to port 1 hour prior to treatment. Don't want to forget that one. Baking soda mixed with salt mixed with water 3 times a day. A mixture of 3 parts aloe, and one part trameel, applied to my throat once a day after radiation. I'm a chemist. I'm a chemistry set. I'm a chemistry experiment. My chemical romance.

   It became apparent yesterday that pounding carbohydrates is not part of the curriculum. I figured I felt pretty good it's Sunday, did my Apple class at 8am, let's have some breakfast with Bart. Judies special at Teakwoods was just the ticket. Yes, I'll have the 3 egg and sausage sliders over easy w/ hash browns, toast, Oh and one pancake on the side please....That meal will be revisited subsequent to treatment. That meal will not be revisited anytime soon.

   The books are showing up all over the place. I have a wonderful wife lifting my spirits with such uplifting reads as, Full Catastrophe Living, and Anticancer. How could I have possibly missed the cliff notes on these? Antioxidants seem to be the key. ORGANIC FOODS...On the way home from treatment today, Beth was letting me know that while I was undergoing treatment, she ran to Sprouts, and picked up a bunch of organic food for dinner. I suggested stopping at Sonic on the way home for 2 chili cheese dogs with onions. The cheese dogs were great, the fries had a disturbing metallic taste. The jury remains out on the organics. I remain open minded, but in no hurry.

   Let the record show that yesterday(Tuesday) I had a large cup of organics, some edamame, and some wild grain rice. The rice tasted metallic, but the rest was delicious.

   The soreness in and around my neck is becoming more pronounced. The acne type symptoms are manifesting on my scalp, and forehead. I have a noticeable reduction of energy. My taste buds are in transition, I really enjoy Ensure.




   TJ had a big weekend in Germany. These photos were tweeted to Kevin on Sunday. He and his team won a half marathon on Saturday by 25 minutes over the second place team. They were also 35 pounds heavier(per man) than the rabbits they were running against. His time was 1 hr 33 min for 13 miles. Call my cardiologist.


   I have been getting some positive feedback on my daily playlist. Yesterday at 8am Beth and I were in the Apple store, and I heard Dave Brubeck doing Take 5. For the moment I forgot where I was, and what I was doing. I was just in the presence of Take 5. Music has always been one of my favorite distractions. I was somewhat late to the picnic with Napster, and Netflix, but feel that the kiss of death should be spared for Spotify. 15 million titles at my fingertips.

Getting picked up by Bart at 8:45 for my 8th radiation. Picked up a rice patty hat at Lee Lee's market

Todays Playlist: Take 5 by Dave Brubeck, 
Do Ra Mi Fa So La Ti Do by Julie Andrews and the Von Trapp's,
Hands Down by Dashboard Confessional,

No comments:

Post a Comment