Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Radiator Problems 7/27/11

   I must admit that going into Mondays treatment, I had a degree of optimism that may have been unwarranted. The truth is that after the treatments were done with me on Monday, I couldn't honestly say how I felt. I was nonverbal, and barely ambulatory. Monosyllabic me.

   I slept for what seemed like days, and woke up Tuesday feeling like doing just about anything but going to treatment, or the 2 subsequent Doctors appointments at 10(Medical Onc), and 11:30(ENT Surgeon). The stars were aligned, the radiator  fryed an electron motherboard. I hope a sink hole takes the whole facility, while I'm in the parking lot in one of my goofy f...ing floppy hats, drinking an Ensure.

   The Doctors appointments went well, everyone thinks I look great(don't worry about the face rash, or the chest blisters, it's normal) They are happy with my bloodwork, weight, and most importantly my prognosis. They both cited some examples where things went very badly, and how this doesn't appear to be my trajectory. The Radiation Oncologist called later in the afternoon to personally assure me that my radiation therapy would be made up with a couple of sessions on the same day. What? We will radiate you twice in one day six hours between sessions. What? Oh yea, no problem we will surely get plenty of radiation into your throat, don't worry. Thank's for calling.

   Bottom line, I called to find out if I could get my mask and mouthpiece, and bring them to another office for treatment. I know this is the right coarse of action. The Varian radiation oncology delivery system was repaired overnight, and kicked out a ton of radiation this morning.

   I haven't done a great job of returning phone calls, texts, or e-mails over the past few weeks. I'm not sure that this will improve in the near future. I will do my best. Know that Beth & I appreciate the continued prayers, and support.

   I feel pretty good this morning, getting ready for Stephen to pick me up, and deliver me to the Radiator. I hope he brings some food for the food drive.
Enjoy the Day!
TJH

Todays playlist:Jackson Browne – The Fuse
Tom Waits – Hold On
Patty Griffin & Willie Nelson – Angel Flying Too Close To The Ground - Live
Squeeze – Another Nail in My Heart

No comments:

Post a Comment