Wednesday, July 20, 2011

I double booked my backup drivers 7/20/11

   Last week my Wednesday driver let me know he was going to Cali for some time off. He asked if I could find a replacement driver. Can I find a substitute? Of course, no problem, enjoy the beach. Called my buddy Rodney, and asked if he could be my driver. We worked out the details, and were all set. Yesterday Beth reminded me that my driver was out of town, I suggested that she may have the wrong week. She was right and I had a temporary sense of panic. I called Bart and asked him if he could provide transportation, of course he would.

   This morning I gathered my nerve, and prepared for treatment. Floppy hat, sunscreen, gargle, fluoride, floss, Ensure, flush, I really have this system down. At exactly 8:45am I open the garage door to find Rodney, and Bart having a chat. What a nice surprise, what are you doing this morning? Oh you don't say...I certainly remember now that you mention it. Sorry to my friend Bart, I inconvenienced him unnecessarily. So much for having this system down.

   The people at the radiation oncology facility are delighted by the fresh faces each week. Today Rodney snapped some action photos of Sabrina, and Todd, buckling my facemask. I think he also volunteered to support the food drive at the office. As I finished and was getting ready to leave he was snapping pictures of Amanda, and Megan at the front desk. This is a full contact process, and I have the exact type of support that is required. I think Rodney is looking at purchasing some stock in the camera manufacturer, and drug maker. Rodney suggested a 10am showing of Horrible Bosses, and that was just the perfect supplement to my treatment. The film was funny, the company was great, and the popcorn was a little metallic, but comforting. Thanks Rodney.
 
   Todays playlist: Funk #49 by Joe Walsh w/ The James GangThe James Gang – Funk #49                         Passionate Kisses by Mary Chapin CarpenterMary Chapin Carpenter – Passionate Kisses I've seen All Good People by YesYes – I've Seen All Good People: a. Your Move, b. All Good People, Jealous Guy by John Lennon,John Lennon – Jealous Guy

No comments:

Post a Comment