Friday, September 30, 2011

Oh contraire mon frère 9/30/11

Hello Australia, and Singapore!

   Beth and I snuck out to a movie yesterday(Memo to Self: Avoid popcorn until further notice.), and I was reminded that, in my opinion, Paris(not in Texas), is by far the most beautiful city I have ever visited. Not NYC, not LA, not San Fran, not London, not Rome, not Maui. I'm not saying it is the most livable city, but, it is by far, the most beautiful city. We visited in 2005 while Kevin was studying in London. (Thank you Kevin for providing us with the perfect excuse.) We took the train through the Chunnel. I don't speak French, and had some less than positive preconceived notions about France, and the French. I had to loose my prejudice, and negativity about the French prior to my visit. It was suggested that I love the French.  It worked. Needless to say, I was wrong about the French. They were wonderful, they were helpful, friendly, interesting, and they didn't hate me, or make me feel less than. We had lunch at Taillevent (restaurant) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia a world famous restaurant. I had the rabbit. Prior to our departure, the ladies were checking out the facilities. I sat down and had a lovely chat with a man who turned out to be the owner. He could not have been more unassuming, or pleasant. I would return to Paris in a heartbeat. Steely Dan – Reeling In The Years

   I feel pretty good today. I woke up early, said my prayers, made my bed, brushed my teeth, and took a shower. I had some extra energy so I called a friend of mine(at 5:45am) who has been having some difficulties. I suggested a cup of coffee, and he agreed. I felt much better that he didn't say "Hey you Idiot, don't you know what time it is? My day improved by spending some time with him. I don't know how to explain it, but participating in his life helps him, and gives me an improved perspective on my own. The Gaslight Anthem – The '59 Sound

   The neurological side effects of the surgery are becoming more apparent with my increased freedom. I've gotten used to having numbness, and shooting pains around the house, but the shoulder strap of the seat belt is a bitch. Those things are overkill, and we should be allowed to cut them off, and just have a normal airplane seatbelt. If it's good enough for a plane crash, it should be sufficient for the road. I'm just saying...The Gaslight Anthem – American Slang

   The numbness in my fingers, head, and shoulder have gotten very little attention during the active cancer treatments. They were ancillary inconveniences, and consequences. Well I'm done with treatment, and now I want this other stuff fixed! Is that so wrong? I could probably use a lobotomy, that would fix what's wrong with me. Steely Dan – Only A Fool Would Say That

   Alison Krauss has a great set of pipes! Alison Krauss – When You Say Nothing At All
   Todays Playlist:
Alison Krauss – Baby, Now That I've Found You
The Foundations – Baby Now that I've Found You
The Foundations – Build Me Up Buttercup
Boz Scaggs – Lido Shuffle
The Gaslight Anthem – Meet Me By The River's Edge
The National – Fake Empire
Pat is dying to tell you that joke!
Glad to feel better! Watch out!
Bonsoir,(I love the French)
TJH

1 comment:

  1. Tim- I called Pat the other day. Left a message. Hope he calls back. I hear he is working at Zoup! Take care-Gilly

    ReplyDelete