Monday, September 26, 2011

Did You Call Pat O'Toole? 9/26/11

   Why haven't you called Pat O'Toole?

   It should come as no surprise that I tend to over do it on the weekends. This is not a recent phenomena. In my current condition I get exhausted quickly. I was in the Jos. A Bank store on Saturday afternoon because they were having a sale(hard to believe), and my clothes don't fit. The sales advisor commented that there was a lot of extra fabric on my backside, and would I like to have the butt tucked? By all means please tuck the butt.  I shopped so hard that I had to have Beth drive me home for an emergency nap.The Grateful Dead – Box Of Rain

   I refrained from visiting a friend on Saturday afternoon, and when I called to explain, she completely understood. She was recently diagnosed with terminal cancer, and could not have been more gracious. I hope to get a chance to visit with her in the very near future. Ray Charles – Georgia On My Mind

   Today I dug out a stash of some skinny clothes, that are now fat clothes, and fat clothes, that are now ridiculously fat clothes. I have suits, jackets, and pants that have not seen the light of day in decades. The pants were linen, khaki, corduroy, and various blends. I found an old favorite pair of Nantucket Red khakis.  I'm glad that I was able to find these treasures, now I need to put the fat clothes out in the garage. Weezer – Weezer - In The Garage

   I have some friends coming over for dinner. One of my buddies hasn't been over since before I was diagnosed. I'm looking forward to spending some time with him. The visitors are lined up this week. My dance card is booked through Thursday. I look forward to these visits. My energy is better when I have friends within reach.Joe Cocker – With A Little Help From My Friends

   Mom is on her way back to Jersey for the week. She just called from Albuquerque NM. This is an unscheduled pit stop due to hydraulic problems. Hopefully she will catch an alternate flight without much hassle. Right now they are talking about putting her up in a hotel and flying her out in the morning. I suggested she get further east to shorten the trip tomorrow. We'll keep our fingers crossed. Joe Cocker – The Letter - Single VersionArlo Guthrie – Coming Into Los Angeles (original version) Update: She's flying back to Phoenix, and jumping a red eye back out to Jersey tonight.

   I'm gonna prep dinner, and take a nap. My brother Terry received a condolence call today. "Sorry to hear about your brother". He assured the caller that to the best of his knowledge, his brother was doing just fine. He called me tonight, just to make sure.  I'm pleased to report that the rumor of my demise is premature.Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young – Helpless - Previously Unreleased Mix

   Tomorrow I get a haircut. I am healing enough to know that this haircut will never become a trend.
Todays Playlist
Dashboard Confessional – Hands Down - EP Version,
Franz Ferdinand – Take Me Out 
Cake – Going The Distance
George Thorogood And The Destroyers – Get A Haircut
Beck – Devils Haircut
Michael Franti & Spearhead – Say Hey (I Love You),
 George Thorogood And The Destroyers – If You Don't Start Drinkin' (I'm Gonna Leave)
George Thorogood And The Destroyers – Move It On Over
   TJH

1 comment:

  1. Well, you still have the nicest socks of anyone I ever met!!

    ReplyDelete