Sunday, September 4, 2011

Hair club for Tim 9/4/11

   Duane Eddy – Peter Gunn
   Sorry for the delay in my blogging, I've had treatment block. I had a long period of recovery after my last treatment. I didn't really get my sea legs back until Thursday. The effect of that last treatment was pretty formidable. I would love to blame Marty, but he has been encouraging me every day to blog.
   Marty dropped me off to see some friends in Ahwatukee(this is where I was robbed at gunpoint 4 months ago), Saturday morning. During the visit I mentioned that I would be needing a ride home. There were 3 offers made immediately, and a couple of backups. People really do want to be of service. What can we do? How can we help?
  During times of complacency the human condition does not always translate well, but if you add some degree of challenge into the mix, we get a very different view of our fellow man. Sometimes the view is better, but not always. You can see it in the eyes of the people receiving treatment. They have a degree of defiance, without malice, that will not allow failure. You also recognize the people who have lost the will to fight for that day. On that day the disease is a big winner, but hopefully we live to fight another day. I've only had a couple of these moments, thank God.
   I squirted my dinner all over the kitchen window, and valance. It was a syringe malfunction. My hair started to fall out this week. I have a receding neckline! Always a fashion leader, a trend setter. It starts from the back of my neck and goes up about 3 inches(photos are in the next blog). It appears to run in the same line as the extra heavy dose of radiation I received the last week of treatment. A lovely parting gift. "Thanks for playing, baldy".
 Michael Franti & Spearhead – Say Hey (I Love You)
  The Radiation oncologist sent me home with a tupperware of concoction he mixed in front of me. It was an Aquaphor Healing Ointment, and Lidocaine - Wikipedia mixture, to paste on the throat and neck. The white paste doesn't look great, but it will stop the pain.
   We met Mom for breakfast this morning at Biscuits in Ahwatukee. I ran into a friend of mine and his 2 sons. They were a couple of fine young men ages 11, and 7. They came over and introduced themselves, and we had a little chat. When we finished our meal and were getting ready to fight for the check(mom was very quick), we were told that our bill was paid by my friend. He grabbed the opportunity to help. He saw an opening and took full advantage. It was a veteran move, pulled off very anonymously. It reminded me of me, and made me smile.Michael Franti – The Sound Of Sunshine (Album Version)
   We left our breakfast and headed over to the farmers market for a little after breakfast stroll. The nice lady at the herbal ointment stand gave me some holistic cream for my napalmed neck. 100 pecent pure African shea butter, will be just perfect for nuclear neck. I wonder if it stimulates hair growth?
Creedence Clearwater Revival – Who'll Stop The Rain
Ramones – I Wanna Be Sedated
Stevie Wonder – Signed, Sealed, Delivered (I'm Yours) - Alternate Mix
Bobby Darin – Beyond The Sea
Looking at the opportunities,
TJH

1 comment:

  1. Lots of great quotes here, but this is my favorite "They have a degree of defiance, without malice, that will not allow failure. "

    Thanks Tim.

    DougN

    ReplyDelete