Sunday, September 4, 2011

So much for bloggers block! 9/4/11

Talking Heads – Psycho Killer - 2005 Remastered Album Version
Talking Heads – Psycho Killer - Acoustic

   "Don't touch me I'm a real live wire". I need to be re-wired. The neurological ramifications of throat cancer have been grossly underestimated. My circuitry is shot. The standard wiring was eliminated during the cancer surgery on June 2, 2011. The electricians have not been back on the job since then, and it appears they have no interest in fixing the mess they left behind. All those intricate tiny tendrils of nerve endings have been displaced. They have been given the opportunity to provide a sensation, and are working overtime. My shirts hurt, the air conditioning hurts, but the front of my hair looks great. I think it looks a little like David Byrne circa 1977.
Talking Heads – Burning Down The House
Talking Heads – Road To Nowhere
Talking Heads - Life During Wartime

   I kinda got stuck in a Talking Heads time warp for a minute. The back of my head gives me a Gary Oldham feel from the 5th Element. I'm glad I cant see it without the use of smoke and mirrors. Enjoy!


    I hope this stuff gets better in a relatively short period of time. My favorite food of the weekend was an unexpected Ahi Tuna appetizer with a wasabi horseradish sauce at Firebirds in Chandler. The worst food selection so far is without question the mouthful of buttermilk biscuit at breakfast this morning. That thing devolved into a full mouth of paste almost instantaneously. I was left with a plaster of Paris mold of the inside of my mouth. There really is no cool way to extract that from your teeth, or the roof of your mouth.
Del Amitri – Tell Her This
Del Amitri – Roll To Me


No comments:

Post a Comment