Sunday, September 4, 2011

Ready to Recover 9/2/11

   My brother Marty rolled into town yesterday.Meat Loaf – Bat Out Of Hell He needed to get eyeballs on me to be convinced I was surviving well. I don't blame him for wanting to see me with his own eyes. I sold him a lot of stories early in his existence. I have a 5 year advantage, and he remains reasonably suspicious. Elvis Presley – Suspicious Minds




   I'm glad he is here. We'd both like to spend more time together. I know that I love, and that I am loved. We had a fabulous class at the Apple Store. He is enjoying him some SpotifyVampire Weekend – Holiday I spoke with TJ today, he just finished a 16 mile ruck in under 3 hours. He's spending the long weekend in a small town about an hour out of Vienna. I believe Kevin is in Boston. Vampire Weekend – Cape Cod Kwassa Kwassa
   I saw the Radiation Oncologist today, and he is giving me the greenlight to recover. I am ready. I'm ready for the treadmill, some sensible solid food, a gradual reduction on my painkillers. I'm being re-released into the environment, like a bird with a repaired wing. I want to fly. I will follow the guidelines, and directions of my doctors. I had my last treatment a week ago, and have been in a pretty solid funk all week. My energy level has been shot, and my pain level has been high. Today I had a noticeable improvement in both energy, and pain. The Strokes – Last Nite

   How many second chances have I already been given? How fortunate? I am immeasurably blessed. This is not subject to health. This has been true my entire life, and as my life continues to unfold into goodness.
Enjoy the music!
TJH

Billy Bragg and Wilco – California Stars
Adele – Make You Feel My Love


No comments:

Post a Comment