Thursday, September 1, 2011

Miss You 8/30/11-- 9/1/11

The Rolling Stones – Miss You
 CH CH CH CH...What's the matter with you boy? Just waiting for some spring to return to my step. I've been noticeably off balance since Friday. The cumulative effect is a multifaceted assault(rashes, blisters, digestive difficulties, fatigue, oral complications, vertigo, emotional instability), but I don't have to go to treatment today.
   Today they want a blood test. I'm not exactly sure what they are looking for, but the fact that I'm having a hard time keeping nutrition is somewhat disconcerting. My physique is smaller, but is still doughy(not a chiseled 173). I have more than enough in prudent reserves. I remembered to apply the topical cream to numb my port, but the anti nausea pill must not have agreed with the Ensure. They've called for additional tube feeding. The custom supplement contains fiber, and should help to solidify my process. Bart picked me up at 8:15, and we were off. I feel somewhat awkward returning to the treatment facility for a simple blood sample.
   The fabulous port malfunctioned this morning, and I was sent home with a shooter of heparin to de-clog the port. Not a big deal, I'll just try again tomorrow.
   Mom stopped by today with some home made ham and pea soup. Good for whatever ails me.
   One of the more noticeable aspects of my recuperation is a heightened awareness of love. An appreciation for the calls, messages, and cards. I feel a sense of closeness. The blessed interactions with so many people that I love. I've been graced with the ability to recognize so much love that it is almost overwhelming. I miss being able to interact freely without concern for my health, but I like the way I'm tuned right now.

   Bart picked me up this morning for a successful blood test. On the way out I stopped at the radiation office to replenish my exhausted supply of Aquaphor Healing Ointment. This ointment helps alleviate the sting, and is not as greasy as some of the other ointments I've tried. I saw some of the usual suspects, including the woman who took my time slot. She and her husband were happy to see me, and the feeling was mutual.
Enjoy the Day!
TJH
Duane Eddy – Rebel Rouser
George Benson – On Broadway
George Benson – Breezin' - Remastered LP Version
Al Stewart – Year Of The Cat
The Allman Brothers Band – Statesboro Blues

2 comments:

  1. and we miss you too a lot Tim , hope to see you soon . God bless you !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so great to see you're done with treatments Tim. So much I wish I could do to repay you for all you've done for me. I love you man! Hang in there, it WILL get better!

    ReplyDelete