Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Marty is in Transit 9/6/11

    I enjoyed a wonderful visit with my brother Marty. I am having a little separation anxiety in conjunction with his departure. Not just because he's leaving, but because I sent him back to Cleveland Ohio with some fine cigars. These cigars have been accumulated with love over the past several years. I know that they are in good hands, and will be enjoyed with good friends, and family. There may be some scientific evidence which suggests that they may contain carcinogens. I'm not a heavy smoker, I've probably enjoyed 10 cigars a year for the past 10 years. I've smoked under 5 cigarettes my entire life. I smoked about 3 bales of marijuana, but none since 1987. I'm pretty sure my smoking activities have been curtailed for the foreseeable future. I don't even have to ask Beth, it's better that I should just find a good home for the good smokes. Blues Traveler – Hook

    My head is recovering faster than my body. I completed the treatment protocol, now I want an expedited recovery. The problem with this philosophy is that the body is not always able to maintain the recovery regimen that I have mentally established. Sometimes I just have to crash. There is not much advance notice. I hit a certain threshold and then my systems go into an automatic shutdown. Dave Matthews Band – Ants Marching

   I am waiting for mom to arrive. I had to unceremoniously cut short dinner last night, and figured I'd give her a rain check while I'm feeling well. I'm finding that my energy level is much better in the morning. The pace of this weekend may have been a tad aggressive for this stage of my recovery.

   For you Marty... Iggy Pop – The Passenger

   I just did a mile on the treadmill, and now I am going to lay down. I may have overshot the mark. Marty bought me some fancy, very light track shoes. I think the shoes held up better than I did. I may need a slower pair of shoes.Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros – Home

Thanks for the encouragement!
TJH


 

4 comments:

  1. Just wondered how you discovered this cancer. What kind of symptoms did you have? Did you ignore some warnings? Could some early detection steps have been taken? I've been a long time nicotine guy in some form or fashion and always wonder when I get a knew ache or pain. Thanks Mike G

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr. Hopkins,

    i'm not sure if you remember me but my name is aj....i am a friend of tj's and kevin's..a very good friend of tjs.. i like love him like a brother..i'm not sure if they told you but my father just recently passed of esophageal cancer...he was a very strong fighter of cancer and outlasted all expectations...i will put the link to his blog below and if you'd like to read it for help, advice, or strength than please do...my father vowed to always keep fighting and judging from reading your writing, you have the same exact attitude...don't lose it and don't ever give up

    my and my family's prayers and thoughts are with you

    be well and like my father always said "carry on"

    aj

    http://jerrywymanscancerbattle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. STAY OUT OF THE SUN AND YOU CAN BURN AGAIN LOL WE ARE PRAYING FOR YOU LOVE YOUR COUSIN BRIAN KILBANE

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks again Tim...Always love to read your updates and your honest, funny, insightful thoughts. Sorry to hear about the cigars...i didn't even think about them...i know you had a nice collection. Glad to hear your still on the treadmill and impressed that you are pushing yourself (sounds like even too much!).

    Talk to you later,
    DougN

    ReplyDelete