Sunday, October 2, 2011

Detours and Road Closures 10/2/11

DUKE ELLINGTON – Take The “A” Train
   I was able to wash the car this(Saturday) morning. I stopped off to re-fill my cup with Hazelnut coffee at the Einstein Bros Bagels on Val Vista, and was on my way.  The car wash is right next to Midwestern Market where I pick up the doughnuts. I have found that these dounuts are arguably the best in Maricopa county(Phoenix). They are better than Dunkin', Crispy Creme, or even Barb's Bakery on 24th and Thomas. The apple fritters are a huge hit. I don't eat them due to the type 2 diabetes, and the fact that they currently taste like wood putty. I enjoy delivering some sweets to the fellas. Marcie set me up with the goodies while I dried the car in the lot. The Horrible Crowes – SugarSweet – Love Is Like Oxygen

   After washing the car, I picked up a couple of friends for some coffee. We were heading to South Phoenix(Ahwatukee), to hook up with some friends. The road detour/closure was not very well marked, and we ended up doing some crazy eights, before regaining our bearing. I didn't mind the detour yesterday.Willie Nelson with Waylon Jennings – Take It To The Limit

   I do vividly remember heading to my biopsy on 5/28/11 in North Phoenix(40th St./Bell). Some jackass had the audacity to roll his vehicle in my HOV lane, and disrupt my transit. I know he did it intentionally to mess up my trip. I said a quick prayer for the bastard, and swerved across 5 lanes of traffic. He was not going to keep me from getting my throat cut! I was determined to be on time for the surgery, but was forced to call the surgical center, and advise them of my traffic status. They didn't really care about the rolled vehicle, they would be ready for me whenever I arrived. Now I felt bad about the upside down driver. Selfishness is a sneaky deal. Hothouse Flowers – I'm SorryZZ Top – La Grange - Re-Mastered LP Version

   I instinctively fall back on a frightened response. How is this going to effect me, why am I being delayed, don't they know who I am? I want what I want, and I want it right now. I am often reminded of a friend who was commuting from Philly to NYC once a month. He had a great routine. He'd drive to his corporate parking spot, get his vanilla latte, and jump on the express. He was heading in to the meeting and his keycard didn't work, so he had to call maintenance for assistance. They gave him a latte instead of a vanilla latte. He missed the express and was ultimately late for his meeting in the World Trade Center on 9/11/2001. Thank God. World Party – Put The Message In The Box

   I went to bed early, and slept forever. I may have overshot the mark again. I'm not feeling 100% today, but it's still early. I think I'll have another nutritious Ensure. I'll watch the NFL and relax.

Todays Playlist:
Sweet – Fox On The Run(don't hate me)
ZZ Top – Tush
John Lee Hooker – Boom Boom
Hothouse Flowers – Don't Go
The Horrible Crowes – Behold The Hurricane
Duane Eddy – Rebel Rouser
Happy Birthday Meg!
Travel Safe,
TJH

No comments:

Post a Comment