Thursday, October 6, 2011

Knock on Wood 10/6/11

The Mighty Mighty Bosstones – The Impression That I Get 
Blue Rodeo – Hasn't Hit Me Yet
 
Hello Indonesia?

   I'd be lying if I told you that my impression of my recovery was always good. In spite of the unanimous optimism by people who make a living treating cancer, I admit to having some doubt, and pessimism. I am particularly reminded when in conversations people ask "So, what's the prognosis?" "The prognosis is great, I'm cancer free." But the truth is, there is a lurking notion that I might just be a kid whistling in a cemetery after dark. I try to stay positive, but sometimes I just don't believe what I've been told. I have no good reason to doubt the experts, but from time to time I find myself having the what if they're wrong conversation. The "I have nothing until somebody says I have something" adage only goes so far. I have been sick for the past week, and am getting sick, and  tired of being sick, and  tired.Crash Test Dummies – The Ghosts That Haunt Me

   I go in for a full body PET Scan in November. Right now my throat is still hot, and could possibly give an inaccurate reading. All those micro organisms are heavily mixed up with radiation, and targeted antibodies. It sounds like some kind of gumbo. I apologize for the food reference, but I am finding myself watching Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations - Travel Channel  and a lot of food shows. I'm trying to encourage the redevelopment of my salivary glands, and taste buds. I have no idea if this is effective, but at this point I'll try anything. Crash Test Dummies – Superman's Song
   That is just about enough negativity for one morning, time to get after the day. My attitude is better when I feel better. I feel better after I take right action, but if the right action means taking another GD nap I'm gonna scream. Rusted Root – Send Me On My Way

Today's Playlist:
Crash Test Dummies – Here On Earth (I'll Have My Cake)
Crash Test Dummies – At My Funeral
Blue Rodeo – Bad Timing
Blue Rodeo – 5 Days in May
Glen Phillips – Courage
The Bongos – Mambo Sun
I'm starting my day over right now.
Cover me,
TJH

No comments:

Post a Comment