Monday, October 24, 2011

165, it's the new 195...10/23/11

Buddy Holly – Everyday
Hello China! Welcome back Germany(call Uncle Terry)!


OK, OK, I'm getting some calls, nudges, emails, and texts. I haven't been skyped, or tweeted yet, but I'm sure it's just a matter of time. There are literally tens of you, in multiple continents who are speculating about my condition. Blog Junkies detoxing are pitiful creatures, shivering denizens. I recognize all the textbook symptoms. Cold sweats, clamminess, dry mouth, dizziness, and in some extreme cases delirium tremens. Numerous panicked phone calls to other anonymous bloggers with some discrete inquiries. Why did he stop writing me? Where are my musical playlists? I hope that bastard is so sick he can't even think about writing. He's got a lot of nerve. He better be pretty sick. I hope he's OK. Is he looking to get rid of anymore of those sweet Cubans? Did he get my card?

   How are you doing? How do you feel? Wow, where did you go? Did you get taller? How much weight did you lose? Are you depressed? Is your hair going to grow back? Are your eyelashes longer?  Did you get your salivary glands working again, how about the taste buds? Are you still sporting the port, and the feeding tube?

   I'm doing OK, I am not recovering as quickly as I would like, but I'm recovering. There are good days, and difficult days. My energy level is extremely diminished. When I do have some energy, I tend to over expend. I recently drove to Rosarito Beach, Baja California, Mexico with some friends. I hadn't been able to get there over the summer for obvious reasons. I had some business to take care of, and assumed it would be therapeutic. James Taylor – Mexico Chris Isaak – South Of The Border - Down Mexico Way LP Version

   Jon & I loaded a couple of king mattresses on the back of his Tundra and hit the road. I was shot after loading the truck, and should have called for a reschedule. I'll be fine. I'll just take a nap. Beth gave Jon a pretty thorough list of babysitting instructions, and we were off. If I lost one more pound he was a dead man.

   Once again my head was writing checks that my body couldn't cash.

    I had to get a new Mexican insurance Agent. The agent I had been doing business with for the last 5 years retired. He actually collected all the annual premiums from his clients, cashed the checks, and took off, without renewing the policies. I suppose it's like a retirement bonus. I'm glad I didn't have any claims, but realizing I was driving uninsured last year in Mexico is somewhat unnerving.The Refreshments – Banditos

   In addition to the insurance, I had a chance to meet with our property manager,  lawyer, and the representative for the builder. None of these meetings were unpleasant or stressful, but the cumulative effect knocked me out. Bart met us down there on Friday, and we laughed for the rest of the weekend. We hooked up with Shelly, and Tory for a great meal at La Fonda.

   In the evenings we were fortunate to see a blue tide. Red tide glows blue along the San Diego coast (photo) - BlogPost ...There were phytoplankton in the surf that ignited when the waves crested. It was a gorgeous light show. The sound of the surf is very restful. I hope to hear it again very soon.

The recent medical appointments remain positive. Cardiologist is pleased. Radiation Oncologist is content with some concern as respects continued weight loss. We se the medical Oncologist today. A PET Scan will be scheduled. I'll keep you posted.

Todays Playlist:
Dwight Twilley – Secret Agent Man
Little Feat – Dixie Chicken
The Band – The Weight
Buddy Holly – Rave On
Roy Orbison – Oh, Pretty Woman
A. Banderas & Los Lobos – Cancion del Mariachi
Mariachi El Bronx – 48 Roses


Adios Muchachos,
TJH

No comments:

Post a Comment