Saturday, December 31, 2011

What a Year! Did that just Happen? 12/31/11

Had a lovely light lunch poolside, with Stanford Football Team.
Ensemble - The Lion King – Circle Of Life
Stanford University – Come Join The Band(for all the Stanford readers)(probably a small number)(probably a fraction, or decimal, a quotient, or integer, or a binary notation, or a derivative)
University Of Wisconsin – On, Wisconsin(A larger number of readers, possibly a prime number.)(not an SEC bone in my body, Go Bucks!)


   I am closing the book on this year at The Fairmont Scottsdale Hotel. We are headed towards The Willow Stream Spa, for the day. A spa day is the perfect way to finish up a year that was anything but a spa year.

   Beth and I were married 20 years ago today. I am blessed.

   I cannot begin to thank all the people who have supported me through this difficult process. Your kind thoughts and prayers supported me through the dark times. Some of us may never meet, but thank you. You inquired, you paid attention. You asked regularly "How's your husband, brother, cousin, father, uncle, nephew, buddy? Why did he stop writing? Is he dead?" You physically, and metaphysically transported me each day to the treatment facilities, and medical offices. You waited patiently, and welcomed me optimistically as I emerged from therapy. The letters, cards, food, and gifts, were well above and beyond anything I could have anticipated. Your sacrifice, compassion, concern, and generosity are immeasurable.

   The word family has a much deeper meaning than it did just 6 months ago. The sense of community has been enhanced exponentially. I will attempt to repay the kindness as best I can, as opportunities are presented.

   I'm feeling better.

   For my part I will attempt to stay connected. You people are a Power Source.
Jason Mraz – I'm Yours
NEEDTOBREATHE – Drive All Night
NEEDTOBREATHE – The Outsiders

Health, Happiness, & Love!
TJH

No comments:

Post a Comment