Monday, December 5, 2011

Feeling better is exhausting 12/4/11 & 12/5/11

Welcome Ukraine! I'm huge in the Ukraine, and Belarus! The must have hooked up with the dude from Latvia. An International Party!

 World Party – Is It Like Today?
Annie Lennox – Walking On Broken Glass
Annie Lennox – No More "I Love You's"
Rickie Lee Jones – Chuck E's In Love

  I've been on a bit of a bender since receiving the clean Pet scan. Oh let's go out and celebrate, no problem. Friday night was an art show, dinner, and time with friends. Saturday was an all day marathon of coffee, and an emotional carnival. The ups, and ups of good news are tremendous. I've spoken with family, and friends all week, and each encounter has been a blessing. I have a ton of phone calls to make, and will do my best. The blessings are taking a toll on my physical ability, but I'm heading to a Holiday potluck in 20 minutes. I guess my body will let me know when enough is too much.

   Since I have been on the sidelines so long I must admit that when I walked into the art exhibit Friday night, I was overwhelmed. I looked in the Gallery, and saw so many friends. People that had been praying for me. People who had sent cards. People who love me. I was surrounded by love.

Time for the Party...Gotta Go!
 
   I crashed hard at about 6:30pm, and woke up in time to see Aaron Rogers beat the Giants. I woke up feeling cancer free. I hope I don't forget to be thankful for waking up cancer free, and for going to sleep cancer free.

   The parties are wonderful. I am glad to be invited, and able to participate.

   I spoke with TJ, and Kevin today. Neither of my two sons were overly sympathetic to the removal of the feeding tube this afternoon. Insensitive Dogs! TJ said "it's just like pulling off a band-aid." The tube was surgically installed, with a great amount of seriousness. The installation was done by a gastroenterologist, not a urologist, as previously reported. They made sure I didn't eat or drink anything after midnight(not even water). They had me check in 2 hours early, and needed all of my living will and next of kin info. This afternoons procedure is being fit-in, between surgeries. Ho Hum, just get the pliers, and duct tape. Not even power tools.

Are we there yet?
TJH

No comments:

Post a Comment