Sunday, December 18, 2011

I have a new navel! Just what I always wanted. 12/14/11-12/19/11

Hello Kuala Lumpur! Yep, I'm huge in Malaysia.
Hello Brazil, Russia, Hungary, Ireland(about time), and USVI.
It's an International Party!

Marvin Gaye(as requested by the Plain Dealer Ohio Golf Coach of the Year TERRY HOPKINS St. Ignatius Notable: Just completed his second season as head coach after spending four years as an assistant. The Wildcats posted the best finish of a local team in the state tournament, finishing fifth with a score of 637. They also won the prestigious Kiely Cup at Canterbury by three shots and a sectional championship by eight shots at the Legacy Course at Sweetbriar. They were second in the district tournament at Pine Hills for the second year in a row.(still looking for a replacement roommate)


Abba – Dancing Queen(per Molly's request)
Weather Report – Birdland
Dropkick Murphys – Peg O' My Heart
Amy Winehouse – The Girl From Ipanema
Vladimir Mischouk – Hungarian Rhapsody No. 2
Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy
Malaysian Romance Song
Jimmy Buffett – Son Of A Son Of A Sailor(Merry X-Mas Captain Kevin Maddock)

   I have a brand new navel, 3 inches above my original navel. Kinda freaks me out. The new navel was not on the list of cancer related side effects. Neither was the Radiation Hairline, or the Radiation Rot in my dental ex-rays. In January I get to get a new crown. My ex-rays in June were all normal. The dentist said I did very well, considering the treatment regimen. They made 2 sets of mouthpieces to be used during my treatment. They gave me lozenges, rinses, and a prescription fluoride toothpaste. I coat the mouthpiece with prescription fluoride each day for 15 minutes.Glad I took the oral hygiene warnings seriously. I don't even want to think about what kind of condition my teeth would be in if I had not been diligent(Meth Mouth).

   I found myself trying on tuxedoes this week. Not sure why I felt moved to start so soon, the wedding is not until August 11. I own some baggy assed tuxedoes. Which shoes should I wear? Black patent leather, black tie ups, black loafers? Which studs, and links? Which dress watch? Should I grow my hair out? A beard is definitely not an option, even though I'll be right near Amish country.

   I have had a pretty good week. I received some phone calls that brightened my days. The Season has added to my already heightened emotional awareness. The kids, lights, traffic, and general speed is somewhat daunting. I feel like a kid trying to get back into the jump ropes.

   I made my way out to a couple of social functions this week. My enthusiasm is high, but my stamina remains below average. The parties were great, and I was able to get myself cleaned up, and into the mix. The mix is a little overwhelming. Everyone knows that I was sick, and that I'm very lucky to be celebrating anything. The friends that I run into, are constant reminders of the love that exists in my life.
    
   People are welcoming me back to life. I've been missed. I did overhear a friend of mine comment "I liked him better when he had cancer"(he was kidding). I'm definitely feeling better. It's good to be back!

   Tomorrow I check in for surgery at 9:30am. I seriously considered postponing this procedure until after the Holidays. I am such a wimp. The delay would not serve me any good purpose. The timing is perfect. The temporary distress is temporary. The Port must be removed, because I no longer need to have easy medical access to my arteries. They do have to get an IV started prior to the surgery, and I wanted to know why they couldn't just use the port for one last time. She gave me some medical mumbo jumbo, but they are still giving me an IV. I'm drinking another gallon of water before midnight so that I am adequately hydrated, and well veined.

Cliff Edwards – When You Wish Upon A Star
Danny & Dusty – Song For The Dreamers
Sly & The Family Stone – Everyday People
Justin Hines – Say What You Will
The Head And The Heart – Lost in My Mind

Be Safe,
TJH

 

1 comment:

  1. Great! Now everyone is going to want 2 navels I just ate two navels,well,actually 2 "Cuties".I'm so glad you are doing so well. I went to Jeannettes by myself the other night and I kept wondering I was really there or not. Very Weird. too much time in isolation I guess.
    your photos are great. I miss you.

    ReplyDelete