Thursday, December 29, 2011

Let's turn the page 12/19/11-12/31/11

Hello Switzerland!

Happy Birthday to my baby brother Marty!(12/24/63)
– Bruce Springsteen - Jungleland
– Bruce Springsteen - Thunder Road

Frank Turner – I Am Disappeared
Frank Turner – I Still Believe
Mary Chapin Carpenter – I Feel Lucky
The Beach Boys – Good Vibrations
Death Cab for Cutie – Soul Meets Body
Boz Scaggs – Georgia
We Just Disagree – Dave Mason

   All of the "cancer related" accouterments have been extracted. The 4 unopened cases of nutritional canned tube food are being donated. The leftover dope has been destroyed. The wraps, bandages, ointments, oils, balms, and pharmacy related products are gone(except the new and improved puke bags those are keepers). I have some clean space on my bathroom countertop.

   The port was removed as scheduled. The power-port was professionally installed by a surgeon, and the same surgeon choreographed the removal. I checked in at 9:30am, and was released at 3pm. This was the final surgical procedure related to cancer. As much as I didn't want to have surgery the week of Christmas/Hanukkah, I really didn't want to carry any unnecessary physical reminders into the New Year. The surgeon came into the curtained pre-op holding area, and gave a good explanation of the procedure, and it's risks. I let him know that we were performance oriented, and that there would be no box of candy if the potential negative occurrences, occurred. The Anesthesiologist went through the same procedure. Beth was given an Outback steakhouse pager, and waited patiently. The surgeon got the candy, and I'm feeling better than expected.

    If I can gradually get my salivary glands, and taste buds back, I will really be ready to kick it in gear. I am currently weighing-in at 158 pounds, and have a limited appetite. I can hold my hands around my thighs, and touch my fingers together. Chicken legs, and wings.

   The Holidays are here, and I have been given more than I could have ever hoped. The gifts received this year greatly outweigh the challenges. I just didn't know it as it was happening. I really do have a better perspective in retrospect.

   An already abundant life hits hyperdrive this time of year. I want to make sure that I give, and take in, as much life as possible.

Here's wishing you more happiness then all my words can tell,
Not just alone fore Christmas, but for all the year as well.

   Beth and I had to say goodbye to our dear friend(13 years) and loyal cat Samson. He sat on my lap every day during the course of my treatments. He heard my fears, and gave me support. He was a very friendly, and trusting lap cat. He will be missed.

   Beth and I are celebrating out 20th wedding anniversary on New Years Eve.
I am Blessed.

Thank you all,
TJH
Dan Fogelberg – Same Old Lang Syne
James Taylor – Auld Lang Syne
Dave Matthews & Tim Reynolds – Christmas Song (Live)
Cyndi Lauper – Time After Time

No comments:

Post a Comment