Friday, June 24, 2011

Tube is really weird 6/24/11

Hello All,
Wanted to give you guys some good news. Yesterdays CT scan of my lungs came back clean. The feeding tube is quite the accessory. I gave it a test run w/ water last night, and it worked just fine. We had 7 cases of special liquid diet supplement delivered, with a bunch of 60cc syringes. I think they found my hidden ab and cut it open to hold the feeding tube. We are holding up pretty well considering the avalanche of change. I am going to be treated w/ erbatux instead of chemo. My medical oncologist Dr Bachrach met w/ us for over 2 hours earlier this week. He recommended erbatux  an Imclone(Martha Stewart) product that attaches itself to the cancer, and self destructs. The results are very comparable to chemo, if not better. It is not a platinum based chemical, and is much easier on my systems. I guess platinum plays hell w/ the heart, as well as the kidneys, and liver.  The treatment regimen is similar. I will be hooked up for 2 hours once a week during radiation.
The face mask gets fitted on Monday at the radiation oncologist Dr. Scott Tannehill. I was originally scheduled to start erbatux, and radiation on Tuesday July 5th. We may delay treatment until Monday July 11, in order to synchronize our schedule. Beth wants to be with me on the days that I get both treatments, and Mondays will allow this to happen. The Doctor sees no problem with this. I met w/ a surgeon yesterday who will be putting in a port next Wednesday. We really are holding up pretty well. We have no shortage of volunteers.
Please feel free to share this info w/ any friends or family. We really appreciate the love and support being transmitted. Feel free to call or write, I can't promise a quick response, but I will get back to you. My voice is pretty strong right now, but they expect that it will fail at some point into the treatment.
Much Love,
Tim   

No comments:

Post a Comment