Sunday, June 12, 2011

Fathers Day

Dear Friends,
Thanks for the emails, and the cards. My journey is getting more interesting every day. This walk is not for the timid, or faint of heart. My spiritual condition is pretty solid considering my physical status.(just for today) I am still susceptible to 100 forms of fear. I spoke w/ my 2 sons today from Stuttgart Germany, where Kevin is visiting TJ. They went to a Green Beret wedding in Prague over the weekend, and were on there way back to TJ's condo after a Foo Fighters, System of the Down, Incubus concert. TJ looks pretty impressive in his new dress blues. We'll post some photos this week on Facebook.
I've been getting a great deal of support. I have been to a good amount of meetings, and have spent some good time w/ Howard. The visits, phone calls, and prayers have been wonderful. I will probably be having meetings in our home during my treatment. You are certainly welcome if your schedule allows. 
My treatment schedule is rapidly approaching. I get fitted for a fluoride mouthpiece tomorrow. This will allow me to protect my teeth during radiation. I meet the medical oncologist on Tuesday.(chemo) The feeding tube to help maintain my nutrition during treatment gets installed Wednesday. Next Monday I am scheduled to be fitted for a fabulous face mask to be worn during radiation. It bolts my face securely to the radiation table, so that I can't move even if I really want to. Then let the games begin. The first week of July I start radiation therapy, 15 minutes 5 days/week for 5 weeks to both sides of my throat. Then 2 additional weeks focusing on the left side only. 
My life has never been boring. I have insisted on getting the very most out of each day. In spite of this adversity, I hope that I can continue to be the best possible patient over the next couple of months. I am willing to turn my life and will over to the care of God, and trust the people he has put in my life. I look forward to the opportunity to practice these principles in all my endeavors. It may look clumsy at times, but the people in my life will provide some bumpers to keep me on the lane.
I look forward to our continued friendship. Thanks for your service.
Love Tim & Beth
TJH

No comments:

Post a Comment