Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Status Updates 11/29/11

 The Who – I'm Free 
Bob Marley – Redemtion Song
Hallelujah Chorus (from Messiah)
Jeff Buckley – Hallelujah
Tom Waits – Ol' 55
Culture Club – I'll Tumble 4 Ya

   Still waiting to leave for the test results, but since Kev just called to check on my status, I figured I'd update you. We certainly know how to update our statuses, don't we? My status? Hmm?
Cautiously/Aggressively Optimistic...Nervous...Quiet...Pensive...Ready...Humble...
 
   ......Just got back from 2 much anticipated medical appointments, and I would like to officially update my status to: Cancer Free

The results are in, and it is confirmed by science. I don't know why, but I feel much better when I have a piece of paper that says "Based on a battery of scientific evidence... Blah, Blah, Blah,...Cancer Free.

   The medical professionals are very happy with my recovery to date, and remain optimistic for a full recovery. They assured me again today that I have held up to the treatment protocol better than most of their patients.

   Beth and I had lunch at The White Chocolate Grill between medical appointments. We mentioned that we were celebrating to our server. She asked what we were celebrating, and when Beth said "we were cancer free" we all cried. I can't tell you how relieved I am. I know you know exactly how I feel. The server knew exactly how we feel. The dude with the Michigan shirt knows exactly how we feel. The pipe coverer, the hairdresser, the pizza guy, the accountant, the lawyer, all know how we feel. We feel human. We feel love... Go figure.

   Taste buds be damned, I'm having milk, and cookies.

Thank You!  

   Sorry for the Blogblock for the past month, but I couldn't risk spilling some beans on the WWW.    

   Kevin Patrick Hopkins has been dating a lovely young woman by the name of Erin since he was a senior at Villanova in 2006. Through the years I've remained respectful and supportive. I finally got to the point where I stopped asking Kevin when he was getting engaged. I went to the more tactful approach of asking him if he heard anything about Erin getting engaged. I am a subtle man.

   Erin accepted Kevin's marriage proposal in the parking garage of Liberty International Airport(Newark). She was duped into thinking that they were picking TJ up to surprise the family for Thanksgiving. They then boarded an international flight bound for Paris. Major style points. Welcome to the family. I'm pretty sure that I will be a most excellent Father-In-Law.

   I love sharing good news, and hope that the people who read this are full of good news through the end of this year, and well into the future. I know that we are all faced with difficulties, heartache, and disappointment. I would suggest sharing these difficulties with another human being. It has worked miraculously in my life. You have worked miraculously in my life. I will keep you posted on any status updates.

We are Blessed,
TJH

2 comments:

  1. I am choked up and I mean this in a good way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So ecstatic for your good news & can fully appreciate the meaningfulness of having that piece of paper summarized by "cancer free"! You have been an inspiration to me & many others over the last year & I want to thank you for your honesty.........the source of the inspiration! You are a witness to all that is good by putting one foot in front of the other (even on those days when it's the last thing you want to do). I love you

    ReplyDelete